Sam was gone for the weekend and he’s back to tell the story. Some good stuff and a pointless 1 in a billion occurrence involving the song “How Bizarre.” Can you beat it?
Sam was right, whenever an appeal for LBW is made to the Umpire, it is accompanied by the exclamation, “Howzat!”.
Secondly, the rules of Cricket aren’t that complicated, and can be summarised as follows:
1. You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
2. Each man that’s in the side that’s in the field goes out and when he’s out comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.
3. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
4. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
5. Sometimes there are men still in and not out.
6. There are men called umpires who stay out all the time, and they decide when the men who are in are out.
7. Depending on the weather and the light, the umpires can also send everybody in, no matter whether they’re in or out.
8. When both sides have been in and all the men are out (including those who are not out), then the game is finished.